Technology is evolving quickly, making it difficult for IT leaders to keep up with emerging technology, security threats and new levels of virtualization. At the Channel Partners 2016 Conference, Andrew Pryfogle, our SVP of Cloud Transformation hosted a panel discussion concerning the present and future of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) with representatives from CenturyLink, Liquid Web, Matrix, Peak 10, UnitedLayer, and Verizon.
Why IaaS? End-user customers are waking up to the idea that it doesn’t make sense to host a data center on-site. Customers need a large capital investment to build it properly, an expert to inspect data center environmentals, and a business continuity and disaster recovery solution when building a data center on-prem. IaaS allows customers to save on capital expenditures, and delivers higher performance platforms, deeper application support, as well as innovation, scalibility, security.
The panel dives deep on IaaS, and covers many areas including:
- Why customers are adopting private cloud at a higher rate than public cloud.
- Recent statistics show and outage could cost up to $8,000 per minute to end-user customers. Customers’ time and energy spent on on-prem data centers could be spent innovating and driving revenue.
- Customers don’t have an IT expert for every application they are running for their business. By moving applications to the cloud, customers will see a performance advantage.
- Speed to market helps SMBs be more competitive, nimble, agile against competitors in their markets.
- How Sales Partners can leverage expert resources on cloud engagements.
- Ways to build trust with customers, find pain points and show end-user customers how to use technology solutions to fix it.
Watch the video to learn why IaaS may be solution for customers, while opening game-changing opportunity for Sales Partners.