It’s Mindshare season at Intelisys, which means months of amazing events around the country that are loaded with great content and superb networking opportunities … They can also be entirely overwhelming. With that in mind, we’ve put together a few helpful tips to make your Mindshare experience an impactful one:
1. Seek out other top performing peers and pick their brains. One of the most valuable aspects of these Mindshare events is the chance to network with your peers and communicate with your competitors. You’ll typically find other top performers in this community are more than willing to share best practices, where they’re getting traction, what Suppliers are performing really well, and which ones to be cautious about – invaluable information that can help accelerate your business.
2. Do some homework on the participating Suppliers and prioritize the ones you want to go deeper with. There may be anywhere from 15 to 35 Suppliers in attendance, and not all of them will be a perfect fit for you. But some could be complete game-changers for your business. Study up and budget your time carefully to make sure you’ve allowed enough time for the most important conversations.
3. Set some goals for the day. Here are some examples:
- I want to walk away with one new Supplier relationship that can accelerate my growth.
- I want to connect with at least three other Sales Partners that will engage with me after the show to share best practices.
- I want to pick up at least three new talking points or sales strategies that I can start using with my customers immediately.
4. Take notes. Unless you have a photographic memory, be prepared to take notes. There will be a ton of information coming at you at breakneck speed. I type faster than I write. Evernote is my preferred tool for note taking, as it’s a great app on the iPad or iPhone and is cloud-based and can sync to anything.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The more you engage, the more you’ll get out of these events.
Time and time again we’ve seen these Mindshares turn into pivotal events for our Sales Partners – that moment in time when they break through to the next level. That’s my hope for you, that you’ll achieve the next level in the growth of your business.