The Supplier Management function is to manage the relationship with assigned Suppliers in the Intelisys portfolio. Acting as a primary point of contact for Supplier Partners and disseminating information throughout the organization. Supplier Management works closely with Sales, Support, Marketing, and Supplier representatives to ensure the positive working relationships with the portfolio of suppliers.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Includes the following.
- Facilitate assigned supplier relationships throughout Supplier life-cycle with Intelisys
- Responsible for the onboarding of assigned new suppliers
- Responsible for management of all RPM processes associated with assigned Suppliers
- Ongoing support of existing & new Supplier Management Program & Processes
- Example: Management of Unfair Share Calls – Scheduling / Notes / Updating RPM Process
- Implement monthly account review calls with Suppliers to measure performance
- Track & measure ongoing relationship performance, recalibrate regularly
- Track Intelisys & Supplier performance and rankings
- Conduit for Sales Partner and Intelisys colleague feedback to Suppliers re: products, systems, promos etc.
- Lead Supplier meetings
- Liaison between Suppliers and Intelisys Executive Leadership
- Oversee the distribution of information and administrates processes regarding the following supplier communications:
- Product and pricing announcements
- Promotions and SPIFFs
- General Supplier Information and announcements
- Supplier Website content
- Participate in Supplier Meetings and attend Trade Shows
- Supplier Management is responsible for the Supplier involvement and experience at Intelisys Events
- Coordination of assigned Supplier Participation in all Intelisys events and meetings
- Material preparation for all Supplier Meetings & Events
- Assist with Supplier related items for Channel Connect
- Attend Company Events as the Supplier Management representative and engage with Suppliers and Sales Partners
- Familiarity with Supplier Agreements, utilize RPM to answer basic contract questions
Commission Schedule Management
- Understand commission schedules and answer questions regarding compensation structure
- Commission Schedule Management & Updates (Gross & A)
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Key Working Relationships: Suppliers, Sales Teams, Sales Support, Commissions/Finance, Marketing, Sales Partners, Executives.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
- College degree in a business or communications related program or the equivalent work experience.
- Five years of telecom or similar corporate work experience.
- Experience managing projects and relationships.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Ability to motivate and influence others and foster sound relationships is necessary.
- Strong communication skills and experience.
- Comfortable and effective public speaking skills.
- Excellent organizational, follow up, and time management skills.
- Ability to assimilate, summarize, and relay relevant information effectively.
- Responsibilities require the ability to make independent judgment calls based on procedures and policies.
- Ability to problem solve based on a grasp of internal practices and precedents.
- Ability to work within a cooperative team environment as well as perform assignments autonomously.
- Superior proficiency in computer usage, the Internet, the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Must have the ability to learn industry specific software programs.