Are You Ready For Vegas?
Are You Ready For Vegas?
Well, it’s that time of year again…we are only two weeks away from the Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Las Vegas. What you may not realize is that most of your success at the show will depend on your preparation, so we’re passing along some tips to make sure you’re prepared. These events can get pricey, so make sure you squeeze out every last drop of opportunity!
1. Set Some Goals – Decide why you are attending the show and what your desired outcomes, or as Stephen R. Covey said, "Begin with the end in mind." You may have three or four goals in mind, but make sure they are clear. This will help you greatly in planning your time at the show.
2. Do Your Homework – Rather than strolling the expo floor aimlessly, hoping to run into people you want to see, do your research and schedule as many appointments ahead of time as possible. Make sure to focus in on the goals you set above. You can access the list of exhibitors here: http://www.channelpartnersconference.com/2013/vegas/exhibitors.html
3. Prepare Your Team – Make sure you and your team are all on the same page in terms of strategy and logistics of the show. If you have a lot of people attending, it’s a good idea to have one person designated to manage travel arrangements and schedules. Make sure everyone has plenty of business cards and the appropriate attire.
4. Take Care of Yourself – Nothing is worse than feeling under the weather at a fast-paced event like the Channel Show, so take steps to ensure you’re healthy and have lots of energy. Start now, making sure you’re eating well, getting lots of rest, and avoiding sick people. And don’t forget your Airborne!
5. Plan Your Follow Up – Have you ever attending an event only to return and stare blankly at a large stack of business cards? Don’t let this be you. Instead, plan now for how you will categorize the people you meet, and how you will follow up with each category. Will you send an email, make a phone call, connect on LinkedIn? These are all things you can decide now so your plan is in place when you return.
By following these simple steps, you can make the most of any trade show or event you attend. We can’t wait to see you in Vegas!
"We are pleased to once again honor the year’s top channel managers," said Khali Henderson, editor-in-chief of Channel Partners. "Each one has earned the demonstrated respect and loyalty of their partners, and it’s a pleasure to be able to recognize the winners for a sixth straight year."
Each year since 2007, Channel Partners readers have voted for their top 15 channel managers. For the 2012 contest, agents, VARs, dealers, interconnects, brokers and consultants in July nominated 71 candidates; then, in an online ballot available July 17-Aug. 23, more than 700 of those qualified channel partners chose the final 15. Eight of the winners are new to the Channel Partners Top 15 Channel Managers lineup; of the seven making a reappearance, two are four-time winners and four are three-time winners. Marano is a three-time winner.
All Top 15 Channel Manager recipients were honored today during the general session of the Fall 2012 Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Orlando. For a full rundown of the results, click here. Winners also are profiled in the October issue of Channel Partners magazine and online in an exclusive, lighter-side photo gallery that went live at 1 p.m. Eastern time.
Marano has worked as senior manager of strategic partner development for Intelisys for one year; he has been in the indirect channel for 10 years. Over the next year, Marano predicted the channel continuing to take shape in a certain way.
"I see business partners committing more to master agents since carrier channel programs are focusing more resources and support that way," he said. "There will also be an increase in revenue as business partners take advantage of commissions for ‘aaS’ solutions that were previously not an option for them to offer their end users."
About Channel Partners
For more than two decades, Channel Partners has been the leader in providing news and analysis to indirect sales channels serving the communications industry. It is the unrivaled resource for resellers, aggregators, agents, brokers, VARs, systems integrators, interconnects and dealers that provide network-based communications and computing services, associated CPE and applications as well as managed and professional services. Channel Partners is the official media of the Channel Partners Conference & Expo ().
About the Channel Partners Conference & Expo
Hosted by Channel Partners magazine, the Channel Partners Conference & Expo is the telecom industry’s only event exclusively for the channel. The fall event is taking place this week in Orlando. The spring conference is set for Feb. 27-March 1, 2013, at The Venetian in Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.channelpartnersconference.com.
All high achieving telecom agents love a good challenge, as long as it means they are learning how to sell more and grow. If you have questions about cloud technology and what it means for you in 2012 and beyond, you won’t want to miss Intelisys’s Cloud Challenge at the 2012 Channel Partners Conference and Expo in Las Vegas.
Are you up for the challenge? If so you’ll want to bookmark this page and refer to it when at the show.
The Cloud Challenge Presentation Schedule
4:15 PM The Cloud Challenge – Andrew Pryfogle
4:45 PM ServerCentral
5:00 PM The Cloud Challenge – Andrew Pryfogle
5:30 PM Evolve IP
6:00 PM The Cloud Challenge – Andrew Pryfogle
6:30 PM JIVE
2:00 PM iCORE
2:30 PM ServerCentral
3:00 PM Simple Signal
3:30 PM The Cloud Challenge – Andrew Pryfogle
4:00 PM The Cloud Challenge – Andrew Pryfogle
4:30 PM The Cloud Challenge – Andrew Pryfogle
5:00 PM MATRIX
5:30 PM SAFEView
Remember to bookmark this page and refer to it when at the show in March 26 – March29. See you there!
WE WANT TO HELP YOU!
Will we see you in Las Vegas for the Channel Partners Conference and Expo? We certainly hope so!
It’s that time of year once again! Time to start thinking about and planning for the Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Las Vegas. As we finalize our preparations for this amazing event, we’ve put together a brief 4-question survey to help us meet the needs of you, our Sales Partners.
Please take a moment to fill out the survey by clicking on the link below. Your answers will help us make our events the best possible! We hope you will be joining us for our Business Fair as well as our annual Intelisys Celebration at Drai’s!
If there is anything else we can do to help you plan for the show, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We look forward to seeing you all there!
By taking a few minutes to fill out this survey, we’ll know best how to attend to your needs at the tradeshow and in 2012, so that we can help you MAKE MORE MONEY and get more clients. Please invest a few minutes to fill out the survey…